STUDY IN CANADA: WHEN AND HOW TO APPLY :
Canadian universities, accept applications separately, which can be completed online on universities websites. Some provinces have a centralized application system for universities, for example the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC). You can apply to various universities by means of a single application through these platforms. Deadlines for applications are generally later than other countries. Applications do not open until October and deadlines from January to June. Many universities have multiple start dates also. While September is commonly the start date, many universities accepting applications in January or even May. You can also track the important dates of individual universities to avoid dropping out other options.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR STUDY IN CANADA
- At least TOEFL score required by most universities is 80-84(internet-based test) for PG courses.
- Most universities and colleges accept equivalent IELTS and PTE Academic scores.
Undergraduate study in Canada
- Minimum aggregate marks of60 % to 70% in 12th grade for bachelor’s degrees, and above 50% for diplomas and advanced diplomas.
- Mathematics in class XII (a prerequisite for some sciences, technology, and business courses).
- Minimum required IELTS/PTE Academic scores with an overall score of 6.0 bands or equivalent PTE scores
Post Graduate (Masters) Study in Canada
- Most universities accept qualification equivalent to the Canadian bachelor’s degree, which requires 16 years of formal education. It would mean additional year of education after Indian bachelors or a four-year bachelor’s degree course like B.E., B.Tech. Or other such courses.
- Minimum required IELTS / PTE Academic scores with the minimum score of 6.5 bands as an overall score for PG Diploma and 7.0 bands for master’s degree. Some universities accept equivalent PTE scores too.
- Genuine work experience Required
Doctorate in Canada:
- For doctorate programmers, most universities require a master’s degree in that subject. However, universities might think through your application without a master’s degree in exceptional cases.